The high performance sport industry is a global, multi-billion dollar entity that provides employment opportunities for a range of professions, including sport scientists, coaches and analysts. In Australia, there are employment opportunities in professional and semi-professional sporting teams, the National Institutes Network, and other sporting organisations. These opportunities extend to the international market. At the heart of this industry is the conditioning of the athlete, with the aim of optimising individual and team performance for successful outcomes.
The Graduate Certificate in Performance Analysis provides specialist knowledge and skills in performance analysis, by providing theoretical and applied foundations for practice in professional highly-skilled work settings. Advanced knowledge and skills in data handling and analysis, as well as exposure to sports science technologies used in high performance settings, are provided.
The tasks required of students in the course will encourage critical thinking, solving of complex problems, and communication of complex knowledge and ideas to the variety of professionals who operate in the high performance sport industry.
6 months full-time or equivalent part-time
Campus availability and study mode
Study mode definitions
Attendance: Face-to-face and/or via video conference, at an ACU campus or another location.
Multi-mode: A combination of Online and Attendance (including examinations, practicums, residentials, etc.).
Online: Fully online (including assessments).
with on-campus intensive component (February on Melbourne Campus)
Deferment, credit points & course units
- Semester 1 - February
- Semester 2 - To be advised
- Average first year fee: $9744 Fee-Paying (indicative only)
Important Note on Fees
All costs are calculated using current rates and are based on a full-time study load of 40 credit points (normally 4 units) per semester.
A student’s annual fee may vary in accordance with:
- the number of units studied per semester;
- the choice of major or specialisation; and
- elective units.
The University reviews fees annually.
A 10% rebate on fees will be offered to domestic ACU graduates (from any faculty) enrolling in full fee-paying postgraduate studies in the Faculty of Health Sciences to commence studying in 2015 and until further notice. Conditions apply.
Essential requirements for admission
An applicant must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy.
International students need to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements as defined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy.
To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must:
- hold a Bachelor degree or higher in Exercise Science, Sports Science, Human Movement or a related discipline;
- have completed a Bachelor degree (or higher) in a different discipline AND evidence of relevant industry experience;
- submit a proposal alongside their formal application, demonstrating evidence of substantial relevant industry experience.
*Disclaimer: The Course entry requirements above are for 2020 Admission.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit. Learn more about inherent requirements and how they affect you, and explore the requirements for your course.
Applying for admission
Examples of potential employment settings include:
- professional and semi-professional sporting organisations;
- international high performance sport organisations;
- National Institutes (of sport) Network;
- government and non-government funded sporting programs (e.g. University, Secondary school and other sporting clubs);
- sport and health based research.
Examples of potential employment roles include:
- performance analyst;
- sports scientist;
- high performance manager;
- strength and conditioning coach;
- professional coach;
- fitness coach/advisor;
- sports science manager.
Pathways to further study
The degree is designed as a pathway into ACU's Master of High Performance Sport and Graduate Diploma in High Performance Sport.